
I kept meaning to come back and write my first real post (posting it on the day I created the blog along with two other posts seemed kind of dorky) and then got busy with life and the weekend. So here I am, back with a sort of "gratitude post."
I mentioned in my bio that I'm a newlywed. I married my husband, Chris, on June 6--not even quite a month ago! I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase (rose-colored glasses and all that) but I just had to write a post about how grateful I am for him. There have been a lot of changes in our lives the past few weeks--school ended for me, so I've been sort of drifting without the schedule I'm used to. Plus there was moving in together (and adjusting to not seeing our families as much) and changing my name and joining accounts and figuring out insurance and all that fun stuff. Through all the changes, which were a little stressful, Chris was a sweet and constant reassurance. He is one of the best people I've ever met. He is incredibly steady and reliable and emotionally mature. Not only that, but he is just so sweet. Whenever we share a drink, he lets me choose. He always asks me to meet him for his lunch break, or he comes home just because he wants to see me. He tells me I'm beautiful and that he loves me constantly. He even asks me out on actual dates even though we see each other every day!
I know the honeymoon phase will fade, but I'm so grateful that I married this cute and wonderful guy. I think I got pretty lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment